This position is available in Halifax, NS, CanadaGoSecure Inc. was founded in 2002, and then merged with CounterTack Inc. in 2018. GoSecure CounterTack is driving to become the global leader in Advanced Managed Detection & Response (MDR). We combine the best of our endpoint and network level threat hunting with services and technology that provide highly effective and preventative defense across an organizations entire attack surface.
At GoSecure Powered by CounterTack we’ve built the most scalable technology for stopping advanced attacks available anywhere. We’re on a mission to revolutionize cybersecurity, but technology is only half the battle. Our users need fast, efficient workflows; visualizations that let them explore and discover; and tools that let them convert intelligence into action. That’s where you come in.
About the role
The Managed Detection & Response (MDR) team at GoSecure is seeking a full stack software developer. GoSecure’s MDR service combines endpoint, network and log-based threat detection with a highly skilled threat hunting team to detect and mitigate the most advanced attacks. As a developer on our team, you will implement features for clients and analysts to improve access to real-time information and analytics. Tasks which will fall under this position include developing new displays for the client portal, automating reports, as well as correlating threat information across security tools for analysts.
- Demonstrated experience with technologies such as:
- HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, Bootstrap
- PHP, Java, C#
- MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Comfortable using a Unix-based command-line interface
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, such as the MVC pattern
- Familiarity with git-based version control
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for interacting with clients and team members
- +1 years of professional software development experience
- Knowledge of network and application security best-practices
- Proficiency with scripting languages, such as Bash, Python, Ruby, or Go
- Experience using AJAX and REST-based APIs
- Exposure to working with, and extending functionality in, legacy projects
Due to the nature of our services and clients, we conduct strict criminal, financial, and reputational background checks. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and obtain Government of Canada Secret (Level II) security clearance.
Benefits of working at GoSecure Powered by Countertack
- Competitive salaries;
- Modern office and friendly environment;
- Complete health benefits;
- Flexible work hours;
- Accessibility to a group retirement savings program and employer contributions;
- Cell phone and laptop provided by employer;
- Continuing education policy;
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation.
Please email resumes and cover letters to email@example.com with the position title
GoSecure / CounterTack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.