No recruiters. Principals only. Must be eligible to work in Canada
This position is available in Halifax ,NS , Canada
GoSecure is recognized as a leader and innovator in cybersecurity solutions. The company is the first and only to integrate an Endpoint and Network threat detection platform, Managed Detection and Response services, and Cloud/SaaS delivery. Together, these capabilities provide the most effective response to the increased sophistication of continuously evolving malware and malicious insiders that target people, processes and systems. With focus on innovation quality, integrity, and respect, GoSecure has become the trusted provider of cybersecurity products and services to organizations of all sizes, across all industries globally
The Security Analyst is a member of the MDR team. The incumbent monitors systems and provide subject matter expertise and technical support to various clients.
Duties and responsibilities:
The incumbent is responsible for the following:
- Provide technical consulting services to clients on the network security controls required for the development of enhancements and the implementation of new and/or ongoing business systems.
- Provide security subject matter expertise to clients in proactive analysis or in incident response scenarios;
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents
- Monitor endpoint behaviors and network activities for security issues and take mitigative actions to contain the activity and minimize damage according to policy.
- Document security incidents by creating investigation and escalation tickets according to internal corporate policies and client policies.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends, security standards and IT security news.
- Troubleshoot internal & external tools to recommend improvements by providing pertinent information and resources.
- Conduct network monitoring and intrusion detection analysis to determine if there have been any attacks on the system
- Answers clients’ inquiries via phone or email in a professional and timely manner;
- University degree in Computer Science or college diploma from a related program
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar position
- ISACA Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certification is considered an asset
- Customer service experience
- Working knowledge of Linux, Windows, and MacOS, including CLI for each; Office products
- Exceptional ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and positive attitude
- This position is based in an office environment.
- Shift work is mandatory as per the predetermined rotation schedule and includes some evenings/weekends shifts
- Able to spend long hours sitting and using computers, which can cause muscle strain
Benefits of working at GoSecure
- Competitive salaries;
- Modern office and friendly environment;
- Complete health benefits;
- Flexible work hours;
- Accessibility to a group retirement savings program and employer contributions;
- Cell phone and laptop provided by employer;
- Continuing education policy;
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation.
Please email resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title.
GoSecure offers a creative and challenging work environment, a competitive benefit package, and a great atmosphere to foster career growth. Come put your career on the leading-edge and bring your talents to a much sought-after high growth opportunity in technology- GoSecure!
GoSecure is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse work team (EEO/AA)