No recruiters. Principals only. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
This position is available anywhere in Canada
GoSecure is recognized as a leader and innovator in cybersecurity solutions. The company is the first and only to integrate an Endpoint and Network threat detection platform, Managed Detection and Response services, and Cloud/SaaS delivery. Together, these capabilities provide the most effective response to the increased sophistication of continuously evolving malware and malicious insiders that target people, processes and systems. With focus on innovation quality, integrity, and respect, GoSecure has become the trusted provider of cybersecurity products and services to organizations of all sizes, across all industries globally
You are passionate about find unique ways to solve hard to analyze problems. You have domain knowledge or an interest in machine learning and cybersecurity. Working hands on with an award winning managed detect and response technology solution and directly with other domain experts within the Office of the CTO which leads innovate and cutting-edge prototyping to identifying malicious activity.
Your work will directly protect millions of systems around the world and help our countless customers defend their systems from the most advanced cyber threats. You are looking to innovate the next generation of cybersecurity technology with Petabytes of data.
You will leverage cutting-edge technologies to perform statistics, classification clustering and predictive analysis. As a lead within the Data Science team within the CTO office, you will translate cyber and network security related requirements into models to help defend our clients against cyber-attacks. You will be working with a large variety of data sets and big data technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for researching, experimenting, designing and implementing predictive models based on cybersecurity related datasets such as malware, incident response, threat intelligence, etc. The role will lead our internal initiatives to produce analytics and dashboards that can mitigate and manage customer risk to cyber threats.
- Other responsibilities of the Data Scientist include developing analytics for risk mitigation opportunities, as well as identifying, monitoring, and communicating trends and implementing recommendations based on those trends / analysis in support of achieving goals in line with business strategy.
- The ideal candidates should be comfortable during technical demonstrations and be able to discuss the specifics of algorithms and statistical methods to a broad audience.
- Experience with offline and cloud-based production ML pipelines (“MLOps”)
- Support our software engineering teams by providing expertise in exploratory data analysis, model development, and advanced analytical techniques and aide in the productization of models
Requirements and Experience
- Candidate must possess a degree in Engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science or related technical field.
- Strong background in statistics, or probability, as well as experience creating predictive analytics and predictive modeling
- 3+ years of experience and knowledge in the field of quantitative research and the specialized area of data science, or risk analytics as it relates to the financial services and/or cyber security industry.
- Knowledge of predictive model development/classification
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, Python, and C++
- Knowledge of REST APIs and Big Data platforms (e.g. Hadoop and Kafka)
- Experience with MLFlow, and Apache Airflow is a plus
- Knowledge of sklearn, XGBoost, LightGBM, TensorFlow, and pyTorch
- Fluency with SQL on one or more relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres or Oracle
- Background in natural language processing and research techniques that have led to production models
- Excellent organizational, writing and interpersonal skills
- Proficient communication skills both orally and in writing with stakeholders of varying analytics skill and knowledge levels
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to multi-task and efficiently navigate changing priorities and responsibilities under tight deadlines
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and type on keyboard; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Please email resumes and cover letters to email@example.com with the position title
GoSecure offers a creative and challenging work environment, a competitive benefit package, and a great atmosphere to foster career growth. Come put your career on the leading-edge and bring your talents to a much sought-after high growth opportunity in technology- GoSecure!
GoSecure is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse work team (EEO/AA)