No recruiters. Principals only. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
This position is available in Halifax, NS, Canada
GoSecure is recognized as a leader and innovator in cybersecurity solutions. The company is the first and only to integrate an Endpoint and Network threat detection platform, Managed Detection and Response services, and Cloud/SaaS delivery. Together, these capabilities provide the most effective response to the increased sophistication of continuously evolving malware and malicious insiders that target people, processes and systems. With focus on innovation quality, integrity, and respect, GoSecure has become the trusted provider of cybersecurity products and services to organizations of all sizes, across all industries globally
About the role:
The Malware Analyst in a member of the Threat Intelligence group. The incumbent monitors internal systems to provide subject matter expertise, technical documentation to various clients and internal departments.
- Provide technical reporting and subject matter expertise to clients and internal departments by proactive analysis of file samples suspected of malicious behavior.
- Monitoring of threat intelligence systems and performing analysis on new threats.
- Answers clients’ inquiries via phone or email in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist in the development, writing and maintenance of internal and external technical documentation.
- Research current industry trends and stay up-to-date on security standards.
- University degree in Computer Science or college diploma from a related program
- Experience in a similar position will be considered an asset
- Good working knowledge of programming using Python and Git Revision Control.
- Good working knowledge of Windows including CMD and Powershell; Linux including Bash; and Office products.
- Proficiency using analysis tools such as Wireshark, Snort, Suricata, etc.
- Keen interest in reverse engineering will be considered an asset.
- ISACA Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certification will be considered an asset
- Customer service experience
- Exceptional ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Energetic and positive attitude.
Please email resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title
GoSecure offers a creative and challenging work environment, a competitive benefit package, and a great atmosphere to foster career growth. Come put your career on the leading-edge and bring your talents to a much sought-after high growth opportunity in technology- GoSecure!
GoSecure is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse work team (EEO/AA)