No recruiters. Principals only. Must be eligible to work in the United States
This position is available in La Jolla, CA, USA
GoSecure is recognized as a leader and innovator in cybersecurity solutions. The company is the first and only to integrate an Endpoint and Network threat detection platform, Managed Detection and Response services, and Cloud/SaaS delivery. Together, these capabilities provide the most effective response to the increased sophistication of continuously evolving malware and malicious insiders that target people, processes and systems. With focus on innovation quality, integrity, and respect, GoSecure has become the trusted provider of cybersecurity products and services to organizations of all sizes, across all industries globally.
The Message Security Analyst role requires a driven and accountable person to join a team of critical thinking and security minded analysts who are zealous about preventing the constant threat of e-mail messaging exploitations. You will share our mission is to protect ourselves and our customers from our tenacious and malicious adversaries whose goals are to disrupt business, cause damage to organizations and hold them at ransom. You will be a defender and hunter of a multitude of threats in our mission against our adversaries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and classify submitted threat emails from our customers
- Identify and quickly respond to new spam campaign attacks
- Perform analysis of message headers and structure to discover spam or threat attributes and then construct regular-expression (regex) based rules to detect those attributes
- Review existing rules and classifications for legitimacy and accuracy
- Interact with and interpret results of automated malware analysis tools
- Meet and strive to exceed team quality and productivity guidelines measured primarily by classification accuracy, customer satisfaction and other quality-based metrics.
- Proactively solve identified problems and provide a focused and appealing customer experience.
- Research current trends in email based malspam, phishing and other cyber-crime tactics.
- Other duties as required
Requirements and Experience:
- Experience in identifying cyber threat tactics and social engineering attacks
- Experience with anti-spam and anti-malware/AV tools
- Detailed understanding of SMTP protocol
- Strong understanding of the English language
- Strong understanding of the internet and web site parts/construction
- Strong collaboration skills including written and oral communications
- Knowledge of regular expressions
- Excellent work ethic, interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Understanding of Spanish or other foreign language is a plus
- Experience with some scripting language: Perl, python, php or bash, a plus
- Two-year degree in CS, MIS or equivalent experience preferred
- The Message Security Analyst position operates in a 24x7x365 environment which may necessitate non-standard business hours shift work.
To apply, click on the following link or copy the link into your browser: https://gosecure.applytojob.com/apply/yno4ZBffVk/Security-Analyst
GoSecure offers a creative and challenging work environment, a competitive benefit package, and a great atmosphere to foster career growth. Come put your career on the leading-edge and bring your talents to a much sought-after high growth opportunity in technology- GoSecure!
GoSecure is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse work team (EEO/AA)