No recruiters. Principals only. Must be eligible to work in Canada
This position is available in Montreal, QC, Canada
GoSecure is recognized as a leader and innovator in cybersecurity solutions. The company is the first and only to integrate an Endpoint and Network threat detection platform, Managed Detection and Response services, and Cloud/SaaS delivery. Together, these capabilities provide the most effective response to the increased sophistication of continuously evolving malware and malicious insiders that target people, processes and systems. With focus on innovation quality, integrity, and respect, GoSecure has become the trusted provider of cybersecurity products and services to organizations of all sizes, across all industries globally
The Staff Software Developer brings the voice of experience to the team. In addition to being a strong individual contributor in this position, you will act as a mentor to Senior Software Developers and more junior team members. In this position, you will bring technical oversight and guidance to requirements documents and implementation plans in addition to being a driving force in completion of features for cutting-edge cyber-security products. This position will be primarily remote or optionally based in one of our regional offices at your choice.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Convert project requirements into implementation plans and aide others in doing the same.
- Execute on implementation plans to produce clean, well-documented and functional solutions.
- Be a resource for Senior Software Developers and Software Developers as needed.
- Set an example for others in writing clean code and unit test coverage.
- Effectively and efficiently accomplish code reviews providing constructive feedback to other developers.
- Mentor and develop other developers to optimize performance and career advancement.
- Identify and spearhead new technical directions, be an active participant in review of technologies and best practices to keep our products cutting-edge.
- Other duties as required.
- 10 years of relevant experience, with at least 4 years of experience in a lead or mentoring role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field and/or equivalent education/experience.
- 7 years of experience with Object-Oriented Languages required, with at least 3 years of experience with Java strongly preferred.
- Strong Knowledge of Data Platforms.
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, and Redis or similar technologies.
- Familiarity with Jira, Git and Confluence a plus.
- Exposure to cyber-security a plus.
- Deep knowledge of distributed systems, with a clear understanding of the differences between Three-Tier, Sharded, Lambda and Streaming architectures. Deep knowledge of Object-Oriented Design Patterns.
GoSecure offers a creative and challenging work environment, a competitive benefit package, and a great atmosphere to foster career growth. Come put your career on the leading-edge and bring your talents to a much sought-after high growth opportunity in technology – GoSecure!
GoSecure is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse work team (EEO/AA)