This position is available in Montreal, QC, CanadaGoSecure Inc. was founded in 2002, and then merged with CounterTack Inc. in 2018. GoSecure CounterTack is driving to become the global leader in Advanced Managed Detection & Response (MDR). We combine the best of our endpoint and network level threat hunting with services and technology that provide highly effective and preventative defense across an organizations entire attack surface.
At GoSecure Powered by CounterTack we’ve built the most scalable technology for stopping advanced attacks available anywhere. We’re on a mission to revolutionize cybersecurity, but technology is only half the battle. Our users need fast, efficient workflows; visualizations that let them explore and discover; and tools that let them convert intelligence into action. That’s where you come in.
We are looking for a motivated and talented Software Engineer to join our team. You will advance our big data platform and drive better scalability, performance and stability. You’ll participate in design and use your expertise at crafting our enterprise level real-time high volume data and analysis platform.
As a Software Engineer with strong experience in system and application development who is driven to implement awesome new design and build extensions you will help optimize software performance, build tools, perform unit tests, participate in code reviews, and work with QA & Support teams to reproduce, diagnose and resolve customer issues.
What We Require From You
- A degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, Master’s degree a plus
- Demonstrated ability to master object oriented development in core Java, especially concurrency / multithreading
- 3 years’ experience in coding for production Java applications, but will consider experience in other high-level languages
- Cloud / SaaS
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- NoSQL and SQL database programming experience
- Knowledge of Maven, Netty, Dropwizard
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms and modern design patterns
- Good understanding of SQL databases, computer networking, operating system internals and programming languages
- Experience developing complex application software using modern continuous integration tools like JIRA/Git/Bamboo
- Excellent communication skills in English
Preferred Knowledge / Experience
- Dependency injection frameworks like Spring and Guice
- Knowledge of unit testing methodologies
- Prefer a working knowledge of security applications like antivirus, IDS/IPS, and firewalls
- Any Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Kafka or other Big Data technologies is a plus
- Cybersecurity experience.
Some of the technologies we use:
- Distributed computing
- Big Data
- Hadoop File System
- Map Reduce
- NoSQL databases like HBase
- Relational databases
- Java 8
- Kafka Streaming
- Cloudera Manager
- Frameworks: Netty, Dropwizard
Benefits of working at GoSecure Powered by Countertack
- Competitive salaries;
- Office located in downtown Montreal nearly all services / Metro Square-Victoria;
- Modern office and friendly environment;
- Complete health benefits;
- Flexible work hours;
- Accessibility to a group retirement savings program and employer contributions;
- Cell phone and laptop provided by employer;
- Continuing education policy;
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation.
Please email resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title
GoSecure / CounterTack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.