No recruiters. Principals only. Must be eligible to work in Canada
This position is available in Canada
GoSecure is recognized as a leader and innovator in cybersecurity solutions. The company is the first and only to integrate an Endpoint and Network threat detection platform, Managed Detection and Response services, and Cloud/SaaS delivery. Together, these capabilities provide the most effective response to the increased sophistication of continuously evolving malware and malicious insiders that target people, processes and systems. With focus on innovation quality, integrity, and respect, GoSecure has become the trusted provider of cybersecurity products and services to organizations of all sizes, across all industries globally
The Senior Software Developer acts as a strong individual contributor to the development team. You will implement complex systems with an expert touch bringing professionalism and precision to the team. In this position, you will provide input on implementation plans and technical requirements documents. You will plan your work into stories and provide accurate professional estimates for completions. You will report progress and collaborate with other Software Developers at all levels. You will be able to directly contribute ith to the delivery of features for our cutting-edge cyber-security products. This position will be primarily remote or optionally based in one of our regional offices at your choice.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Write clean reusable applications and libraries in Java.
- Document code and Jira issues in accordance with organizational best practices.
- Be a resource for other Software Developers as needed.
- Set an example for others in writing clean code and unit test coverage.
- Effectively and efficiently accomplish code reviews providing constructive feedback to other developers.
- Remain up to date on best practices in software design and implementation.
- Meet organizational deadlines and milestones with professionalism and pride.
- Other duties as required.
- 7 years of relevant experience, with at least 3 years of experience in a lead or mentoring role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field and/or equivalent education/experience.
- 4 years of experience with Object-Oriented Languages required, with at least 1 year of experience with Java strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Data Platforms.
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, and Redis or similar technologies.
- Familiarity with Jira, Git and Confluence a plus.
- Exposure to cyber-security a plus.
- Familiarity with of distributed systems, with a clear understanding of the differences between Three-Tier, Sharded, Lambda and Streaming architectures.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Design Patterns.
GoSecure offers a creative and challenging work environment, a competitive benefit package, and a great atmosphere to foster career growth. Come put your career on the leading-edge and bring your talents to a much sought-after high growth opportunity in technology – GoSecure!
GoSecure is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse work team (EEO/AA)